Friday, May 11, 2007

good riddance, though i'm sorry to say

i thought i could continue to do this...but, the reality is that i can't.

it's not even that i can't...i just have no real desire to at all.

i have two shiny new degrees that tell the world i may just be successful, i have an intuition that has kicked shit into overdrive and is forcing me to pursue paths that i could only dream of in the past, and i have a boyfriend--yea, i said it--who i adore and really do love--yea, i said that too.

maybe i've grown out of blogging...maybe i've grown up...maybe i no longer need some virtual verification of my self worth...maybe i no longer need that that verification, period...maybe i'm actualizing my desire to shift my life from complacent onlooking to sprightly participation...maybe i just don't need this type of outlet anymore.

who the fuck cares.

i'm done with this.

i do want to thank all of you for being wonderful, supportive, and absolutely smashing specimens of humanity. i also want to say that should anything i have said in this little piece of shit on the web caused you to lose respect for or has caused you to think of me, the author, whom you know so little about, in a less than positive way...well? you can go fuck yourself.

and with that, i say:

it's been emotional.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good bye...go smoke some pot with your degrees and hope any job you try to get doesn't test.

da buttah said...

i appreciate you're worrying about my future job, but i think i'm okay considering i haven't smoked anything, not even a cigarette, in 9 months.

toodles!

Sweetmizzery said...

Good luck and be well in all your future endeavors. It's been fun. You'll be missed.

HuneeB said...

Hey Elle good luck with everything life hands-throws-tosses your way. I wish you the best and it's really good to hear you have shifted to participation!

Osbasso said...

It's been a long, interesting ride! Good luck with all your future plans. Be sure to let us know if you sneak back in here though!

Anonymous said...

see ya. it was fun while it lasted--you know, the part where you were obsessed with me and couldnt think of anyone else no matter what.

be good

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov! I don't think I've ever said or written that before but I thought it would be appropriate. (I'm chosen as well.)

flounder said...

I feel so incomplete now.


Seriously though, good luck with everything. Enjoy your youth, just not so much that you are paying for it when you are older.

BTW - Yankees suck!

Natalia said...

I am gonna miss you, Elle. I see so much of myself in you at times. But if you are done, you are done...whatever the reason. And always feel welcome to stop by and say hi.

I wish you all the best.

xoxoxox

-N

Heather said...

Much luck and love in your life! I think, from what little I know, you are an outstanding individual.

Timmy said...

Adios, Buttah.

sassinak said...

hey elle

thanks for leaving us with something instead of disappearing into the ether.

be well, good fortune, good luck and much joy.

i hope the road ahead is fantastic for you :)

Anonymous said...

Damn it, E.

You will now be laid to rest in my Blogger Graveyard next to White Devil and Murph.

RobynB said...

Take care girl.

I hope you find comfort and happiness.

xo

Anonymous said...

You miss me.

Jabbertrack said...

I always seem to check up on how you are doing like a month after you leace some "fuck you all!" post.

See you in November?

i kid i kid

sounds like life is good though!

kathi said...

You were one of the first bloggers I started reading. I hope that life gives you many smiles and much laughter.